|—||me approximately an hour after every time I make tea (via madopiano)|
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
Y’all made me cry.
Children are not possessions.
Children are not accessories.
Children are not relationship band aids.
They are tiny people with the same amount of feelings as an adult.
But with less capacity to process, express and healthily contain those feelings when necessary.
Be kind to them.
Chito and Pocho
Chito says goodbye to his bestfriend Pocho, the seventeen foot half ton crocodile.
Gilberto “Chito” Shedden found Pocho over 20 years wounded and near death. Pocho had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer. Chito didn’t have the heart to leave him, so he took him back home and nursed him back to health. A decade of friendship later, someone saw Chito and Pocho swimming together and told the local media.
By the summer of 2000, they had become stars after their first show. Large groups of people would gather to watch these two perform tricks like winking, rolling over and allowing Chito to put his head inside the giants mouth.
Chito and Pocho grew closer and closer with each amazing performance. Not only were the performances amazing, but also the fact that a human and crocodile could become such close friends. People were amazed. It’s always beautiful to see a strange friendship like the one Chito and Pocho had.